Monday, September 29, 2008

Newman's Own



I wanted to cut a stencil to honor Mr. Paul Newman's life..but it still isn't coming out right. So, instead I thought I would digitize him on the atc backgrounds I posted a few posts back...here are just a few of the great pictures available of him online..I have to say that there are quite a few things I have always admired about this man; his liberal views, his catalog of great movies, his line of popcorn..but mostly, the relationship that was projected between he and his wife. I sometimes struggle with my codependancy, I'm getting better as I get older..but I'm often reminded of the relationship between Paul Newman and his wife Joanne Woodward. I heard her say one time that one of the strengths in their own relationship was that they each had different interests. She loves stage plays..he loves racing. So they would both go out and have these different experiences and then bring the stories back to share with each other. I love that.









I found all of these pics on google.. I guess the story on this last one is that this was one of the few races that Joanne actually went to (that's her in the background in the hat)..could that be the reason behind the especially happy grin??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful tribute elaine:)

Diane said...

Hi Elaine,
You absolutely outdid yourself on this one! This is just wonderful. What a beautiful tribute to a great man! Your tributes to special people are the BEST!
Hugs, Diane

mecamo said...

Hey,

I just found your blog few minutes ago.

Great pics :-)

I guess, you must be always busy ;-) ???

greetinxxx

Petaluma Craft Mafia said...

A great man. Truly a witty and one of a kind. Love his wife too. Such a loss for everyone, but he gave so much inspiration.

Cheers,
Cheryl